It’s a quick video showing you the highly requested technique that gives photos a trendy, gritty, high-contrast, and desaturated look. You’ve probably seen a similar grungy effect in movie posters and advertisements.
The effect is quite simple, we’ll only use two adjustment layers, and one filter. One of those adjustment layers is the “Color Lookup” adjustment layer found in CS6 or newer.
I will also show you an alternative way of creating this effect in case you are in Photoshop CS5 or older.
- Ask DN: Color Variables – Photoshop? (news.layervault.com)
- Create a Halloween Photo Manipulation in Photoshop (photoshoptutorials.ws)
- The Ultimate Guide to Adjustment Layers – Black & White (clixto7.com)
- How To: Airbrush Skin (photooperation.wordpress.com)
- Thinking and practise, After affects layer types. (sophiarimmer.wordpress.com)